|The half demolished Bake|
1. Collect your greens and any other vegetables. I prefer to use tomatoes in a salad rather than a bake but I use any of the following in a mix of greens :
• Small chokoes • pumpkin leaves, • Katuk • Okinawa Spinach, • Ceylon Spinach, spinach • silver beet or beet leaves • Surinam Spinach • Brazil Spinach •sweet potato leaves • some chili or capsicum leaves • capsicum • various herbs • spring onions • Moringa leaves and flowers • cooked Chaya Spinach Tree leaves • cooked Warrigal Greens •mustard • rocket • zucchini
2. Rinse well if required.
3. Fry some garlic and onion in oil (I prefer olive oil but coconut oil also works) .
4. In a 'kitchen whizz' chop a layer of hard vegetables such as pumpkin and carrot with the cooked onion and garlic. Add an egg or two and some cream or a little milk or yoghurt. Season. Also add some tasty cheese or feta cheese.
5. Layer the chopped vegetables in an oiled or buttered oven proof dish.
6. 'Whizz"/chop the green vegetables along with some seasoning, eggs and a little milk or cream and add as another layer to the ovenproof dish. Keep the amounts of liquids small because the greens generate plenty of liquid. If you like you can just mix everything into one layer.
7. Bake for close to an hour in a moderate oven until dry on top.
8. Optional: Top with cheese (feta, tasty or parmesan) and bake for another 5 minutes.
9. Serve warm or cold with a salad.
Post a Comment