Our AimsThe Seed Savers' Network was established in Australia in 1986 with these charitable and educational purposes in its deeds:-
To develop and promote:
- Educational programmes for the preservation of open-pollinated (non-hybrid) seeds and the genetic diversity of plant varieties;
- Non-profit seed exchange programmes;
- Agricultural and horticultural programmes with particular emphasis on the propagation of open-pollinated plant varieties;
- Preservation gardens for open-pollinated plant varieties;
- Seed banks for non-hybrid plant varieties;
- Scientific research relating to the above matters, either alone or in conjunction with a public university or other institution.
- Financial and educational assistance to community development projects - local and overseas;
- Open-pollinated seed stock to individuals, groups and communities.
|Bellingen Seed Savers gather to share seeds, July 2011|