About Bellingen Seedsavers

We are a group of like-minded growers of useful heritage plant varieties in the Bellingen area of northeast New South Wales, Australia.

Our climate varies from frost-free coastal areas to inland river valleys and highlands with frosts. Bellingen has an average annual rainfall of 1507ml.

Sunday, 13 March 2011

Using Yacon

Hi Gleniffer.

Thanks for the question. I believe you can 'bandicoot' Yacon tubers. For non-Australians this mean digging down under the plants and extracting tubers like our native bandicoots would. I find that when I dig up the plant in Autumn it breaks into tubers and the stems at ground level have lots of growing points. Therefore, I have grown the plants from the tubers and also by replanting the lower stems. I hope this information assists.

Fernmount

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...